Sunday, January 18, 2009

Stalked

As time has gone on, the world has become even more of a scary place. Watching the news, you see some of the craziest stories of things that happen in your city. Sometimes these things are miles away, sometimes they're right at your backdoor.

Everyday, things happen that rarely happened in the past. Granted, a long time ago, the media wasn't what it used to be, but these events are still happening with more frequency.

Today when I was walking my dog around my small neighborhood, I felt like I was being followed.

Now you have to understand that the city I live in is extremely safe. The police in our city are extremely strict on speed. If you speed through my city, you will get caught. But that's because our police force has nothing better to do than look for cars racing down the roads.

My neighborhood is really small and has only one entrance. I walked my dog around my subdivision twice today. The first time, I was turning right on a street and this white car had its blinker on to turn left onto the street I just turned off of.

Well the car was stopped completely and there were no cars coming, I was well out of its way, but the man didn't go. Not until I passed by his car did he turn.

At first I didn't really think anything of it, I figured he was just making sure my dog didn't dart out into the street and he would hit it.

I continued walking.

I was walking down a completely different street as before, away from the entrance of the subdivision when I hear I car approaching. I turn my head to look at the car as I always do and I notice that it's the same car as before.

I watch as the car starts to slow down. It slows down as it passes me. A part of me is screaming that something isn't right, and the other part of me says that he's just slowing down because we're on a hill and the road curves at the bottom of the hill.

So I just stop. The car rolls pass me and reaches the bottom of the hill.....where it stops.

A van drives by me and I turn around and start walking in the other direction. There was no way I was going to continue in the direction the car went. I kept looking over my shoulder and saw that the car had pulled over to the side of the road to let the van through. That scares the stuff out me.

I cut down a road that will take me to my house quicker. It was the same road that i had turned off of when I first saw the car.

When I reached the end of the road, I contemplated turning left instead of right. If I turned left, I could take a road that would loop around to my street. My friend lives on the road that loops around. So i figured if I saw the car again, I could run to my friend's house.

Well as I reached the end of the road there was a woman and a little girl walking a big white dog. They were going in the direction that was the quickest way to get to my house. So I followed near them.

I kept looking over my shoulder. And I saw the car turn onto the street. When I saw the car coming in our direction I walked on the grass, instead of the road. Well the car pulls up onto the curb, right behind me. The car was only a few feet away from me.

It pulls onto the curb and the lights go out.

Well, at that point I guess the bigger dog noticed my dog and they looked at each other and the woman was telling her dog no and to get back.

So I looked up at her and said "Ma'am, I'm sorry, but this car is really starting to freak me out."

She nodded her head and said "Oh, okay. No problem." I was really close to my house. I started to walk a lot faster, and I was looking over my shoulder. One time when I looked back I saw the car pull up further on the curb and stop.

I turned and walked as fast as I could until i reached my house.

When I was telling my brother what had happened he asks me "Was this car white?" (I hadn't told him the color of the car yet). I told him that it was. He then said "I saw that car drive by here."

It was creepy. I really want to go for a walk again tomorrow. Because I like walking, but I definitely don't want that to happen again.

I might ask my friend if he wants to walk with me. He's really good at keeping stalkers away. He kept the Pringle Guy (this creepy stalker senior guy at my school who looks like the Pringle guy) away from my Megan last semester at lunch. We'll see I guess.

I could have just been paranoid. But a car passing by three times in my subdivion is really unusual. Maybe the person was just trying to scare me because he saw that I was a bit weary of him the first time I passed. Who knows?

All I know is that if something like this ever happens to me again, I'm taking a picture of the license plate and sending it to my mom, going straight home and if I am approached, I'm taking a picture of the person and then running to the nearest house screaming "Fire".

The saying "That will never happen to me" should never be uttered. By anyone. Because anything can happen, at anytime to anyone.

So be prepared for anything.

Peace out,
Jay~Jay

5 comments:

Victoria said...

Thats Really creepy! im glad that nothing happened to you, and i hope you can walk again. . .

~Victoria

Anonymous said...

yeesh!

Laura said...

0.0 Someones.. stalking.. my... little sister?! I'm going to have to kick some............. butt! If you go walking, PLEASE dont walk alone!!!

Anonymous said...

You are dead right when saying that "It won't happen to me" is a lie. I'm glad you at least were close enough with someone (and with your dog) that if anything were to happen, someone would notice. Be careful, and be wary, but sometimes its ok to let go. Yea, Laura's right. Kick some major butt.

jess. said...

Oh.
Wow.
I Remember You Telling Me This On AIM.
I Hope That You Are Able To Go Walking Again.
Cause I Don't Want You Ending Up Like Me---
XD
Love You Lots.
D