Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Verdict

So last night I told my mother that I was going to Homecoming this year and I also told her that I had already bought a dress. Of course, she did get a little bent out of shape about not being the one to take me shopping. I had expected that. In fact, I had already accepted it as inevitable, but I had planned out what I was going to say to her before hand to get her to understand.

It hadn't been nearly as painful as I had anticipated. The conversation really had only lasted a few minutes. I explained to her that I had not intentionally gone shopping for a dress without her, but that I had just happened across the dress and I couldn't pass it up. The dress was perfect for me, and it was cheap. I would have been stupid not to get it.

Thankfully, my mother understood, to an extent. I showed her the dress and she thinks it's cute. She likes it. She's already planned to bombard me with pictures. So, the worst is definitely over. And to appease her, I promised to let her take me shoe shopping, seeing as I still need to buy shoes that will go with my dress.

I'm just glad that I was able to get my mom to understand. I would have been really upset if I had to return the dress; and I probably wouldn't have gone to Homecoming this year. But thankfully, things worked out!

Peace out,
Jay~Jay

1 comment:

Laura said...

I'm glad things worked out for you!
Sorry I havent been commenting, I just havent had the time! I've been reading though!! Love you Peach Cup!!