Saturday, September 13, 2008

September Sorrow

This past week has been...interesting to say the least. Many great things have happened and on the flip side, many not-so-great things have happened. Since I'm a positive person, I always start with the good things first.

This week has been good because my softball team played our first three regular season games, and won each one. Tuesday we beat our rival school 11-1 in four innings. Wednesday we won our game 10-0 in four innings. Thursday (also our third baseman's birthday) we won 16-1 in three innings. So all of that is very exciting.

I took an English test on Tuesday (English is my favorite subject) and we got them back on Wednesday. Most of the scores were B's. I got a 97% A, so that's good. For my AP European History class we received the essay portion from our test last week back. The average score was 60%. I received a 90%. My Dad and Stepmom's anniversary was this week. We went out to dinner that night to celebrate, it was fun. Overall, you could say I had a pretty good week. But that's only if you look at the good stuff.

Now, for the negative side to my week. I was swamped with chemistry homework all week because my chemistry teacher gives us busy work, which I hate. There wasn't a single night this week that I didn't go to bed past midnight, so I was exhausted.

My friend is upset with someone she really cares about but won't tell that person that she's upset and talk to that person.

Yesterday was my grandpa's birthday. He would have been seventy one. I miss him terribly and even though it's been seven months since his passing, I still haven't totally accepted the fact that he's gone. I still expect to see him everytime my Grandma and uncle come to visit or we go to visit them. Yesterday reminded me that he was gone, really gone, and it hurt.

Thursday, as we all know, was the seventh anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, it was also my Dad and Stepmom's 7th anniversary.

We have a new principal at my school and she's come in and ruined everything. She has gone completely overboard with enforcing the rules and it's bad. Many of the teachers don't even like her. Thursday when my friends and I went to the library after school we had to deal with one of the many changes at our school. When we walked into the library we had to sign a sheet saying what homework we were going to be doing. We signed the Science sheet. Then we had to go to the science section, as if we were little kids. We were yelled at if we talked. If we finished with our Science homework we were supposed to go up to the front desk, sign out of the science section and sign up for a new section and then go to that section. Yeah right, that wasn't going to happen. This year is going to be great! Ugh.

I think I failed my journalism test yesterday because I had absolutley no time to study after I finished my Chemistry homework. So that's just splendid. I don't even want to see my grade on that test, because I know it's bad. But thankfully, I'm not the only one who believes they did poorly.

I only have one thing left to say: Thank goodness it's the weekEND!

Peace out,
Jay~Jay

1 comment:

Laura said...

Wow. So, your week really DID suck!
I hope your friend *cough* opens up to that person she's upset with.
Your library system sounds completely gay! I mean, we have to sign in, but we dont have to say what homework we're going to do or whatever. *sigh*
You may have gotten a grade better than you expect on your journalism test. You never know. You tell me, so I'm going to tell you- Stay positive!!
I love you Jay~Jay!!