Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Dresses and Drama

School is officially back in secession. It has been for about three weeks. This past Friday was my school's first Varsity football game. Everything is starting to pick up speed. What's one event that many students look forward to at the beginning of the year? Homecoming of course!

Last year, I didn't go to Homecoming. I know, that's not cool. Instead I decided to stay the night at a friend's house who also didn't go to Homecoming. We had fun, I don't regret not going last year. But this year i decided that I would go. Yay for me, right? Well, yeah. Once I'm there and having fun, it will all be worth it. The preparation, however will be a nightmare.

I will admit that before yesterday, I did not own a dress. I hadn't for years. I am not a dress wearing type of person. So, I figured the hardest part for me would be finding a dress that I liked that fit me. Well yesterday I was at Gordmans shopping for jeans and shirts when I decided to just peruse the dress rack. Well while I was looking I saw an adorable black dress. It was spaghetti strapped and had embroidery on the bottom and was just adorable.There was only one of that dress left, and lucky me it was a size small. So I tried it on and I was so pleased that it fit! I ended up buying it.

Now I know what you are thinking. "So what's the problem? You found your dress, good for you." Well, I was out shopping with my stepmom. I was with my stepmom when I found the dress. I went to her and told her about the dress and that I wanted it. That's great, right? Not so much.

My stepmom and my dad both seem to think that my mom will have a problem with the fact that I bought the dress while I was out shopping with my stepmom, which I can see happening as well. My mom does not yet know about the dress. I am with my mom for Homecoming. So my stepmom and I had to come up with a plan to get the dress over to my mom's without my mom seeing and from there I can show it to my mom and ask her what she thinks. And if my mom gets bent out of shape about it, I have to return the dress.

To me, that isn't fair at all. I will be beyond furious if i have to return this dress because my mom got mad that I was with my stepmom when I bought it and not her. To me, it would be like my mom didn't really care that I found a dress I like just as long as she's with me when I buy a dress.

So right now I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that my mom will understand. Hopefully, she won't give me any trouble about it, although I really doubt that.

Peace out,
Jay~Jay

1 comment:

The_Gord_Man said...

Ouch.

Sorry to hear about your dilemma.

Maybe a coupon would make you feel better? Hope so.

http://139.146.147.79/_FileLibrary/FileImage/E-Coupon(printerfriendly).gif

Love,
Gordmans