Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Hm...

Okay, I totally meant to update this awhile ago, but my mom walked in and of course I was writing about conflicts going on between her and my dad. So, I left it.
OH! And then, on my email I get a notification of a comment and it says "How old are you?" or whatever, and I pretty much ignore it. Well my mom has to have my password to my email for "Internet Safety", or an invasion of privacy really if you ask me. Well I was checking my email and I noticed that that email notification had been forwarded. Not by me, I can tell you that. It was forwarded to my mom! By who? My mom!
So after that I decided, "Hm, maybe I should wait a little bit to post again....because I don't want my mom to delete it or anything...."
So yeah. Parents can be very overbearing sometimes. I know my mom only does this stuff because she loves me and cares about me, but honestly, it would be nice if she put a little bit of trust in me.

I've been in Mexico for the past week and a half. In fact I just got back at about 4 am. It is now 6:13 am, and I'm not tired. So, as far as things with my parents go, there isn't much. I really miss my dad and I can' t wait to see him on Saturday. It's my mom's weekend but I'm going to my dad's for my softball team's end of the year party. I also can't wait to see my stepmom. I missed her too.
The trip was great. Except we drove. The trip was 28 hours from my house to Puerto Penasco. OH MY GOD, that is a lot of driving. We drove there in three days, stopping in Phoenix for a day. On the way back, it took us only two days. It was time to come home. We were all homesick.
And I'm happy to say that my stepdad and I only got into it a couple of times. That's good for us. I was seriously worried about that.
The worst part of the trip which had me seriously annoyed with my mom and stepdad was the seemingly incessant smoking. My stepdad brought a big bag of jolly ranchers so that he wouldn't be smoking as much, but that didn't help AT ALL! Between him and my mom, there was always smoke in the car because they took turns smoking. It was ridiculous they way they "fought" over whose turn it was to smoke. It made me disgusted.
My summer's been kinda busy, but I know I will definitely be updating more and a lot more frequently. I can sense that the now calm ocean is about to get very rough soon. I can sense it.

Why is it that your divorced parents can never think anything positive about the other? Hm, I'd like to know the answer to that question as well. It's stupid really. How can two people who had once been married and had two kids together (in my case) think so negatively about the other? Because they feel they have to hate that person? If that's the answer, then I am thoroughly disgusted. Why can't parents realize what their unkind words towards the other parent hurt their kids?
What brought that question up?
Well, on April first, my dad quit smoking. I was so happy that he had finally decided to do it. And he was determined to quit. He made it 12 weeks, 12 WEEKS!!!! I thought he was gonna make it, I really did. Unfortunately, he did not.
He started smoking again and he didn't even try to get help before he started again. He just bummed a few off his co-worker and then bought a pack of his own. Without trying to talk to his quit coach, without talking to my stepmom, without talking to his kids.
What makes it worse? My mom's negative comments. When I told her that my dad quit smoking, was she positive and encouraging? No. She was negative. "Oh really? Good for him, do you really think he can do it?" The words may not sound so negative, but keep in mind how much power your tone of voice has. Yeah it was very negative.
When I told my mom, in tears I might add, that I was upset because my dad started smoking again was her response soothing? No. Why? Because it was negative. "Yeah, I kinda figured that would happen."
Thanks mom, that was very comforting.

I just don't get it. This year has been nothing but terrible. The worst year of my life. And that's saying a lot considering it beat '05, the year I had brain surgery.

Well that's about it for now....

Anxiously waiting for the next big storm,
Jay Jay

No comments: