Monday, April 7, 2008

Hello

Hello, my name is Jay~Jay
The reason I'm starting this blog is for....two reasons:

1. To help me vent my feelings when things at home get to be too much
2. Hopefully to help others dealing with the same thing I am

Basically, it's no fun having divorced parents. Let's be honest, it sucks. It's hard especially, for those whose parents have joint custody and are bounced from house to house during the week. It's tough, but we have to cope. The hardest thing, though, is when you're parents can't communicate with each other and they expect you to pass important information on to the other parent. And of course, if you forget, you get yelled at. How is that fair? It's not.

Step by step, we learn. And everyday we deal. We adjust. Life is hard. If this will make us tougher....well I wish we didn't have to learn how to be tough by going through this. But what can we do? We have a few options:
1. Mope about how bad our life is and how much we wish our parents would get along.
2. Not let our parents put us in the middle of the things THEY should be handling.
3. Spending time with our friends, not letting our situation bother us.
4. Learn from this experience.
(I'd say 2,3,and 4 are our best options)

Life is like a ladder, that we keep building higher. It's up to us to make it strong at the bottom so as we continue to climb, we won't fall off. If we can get past this, keeping our ladder strong, as we continue working our way through life, we'll stay climbing.

Feeling like my life is like a ping pong match, I'm out,
Jay~Jay

6 comments:

Vicky said...

my parents are divoriced it happened when i was younger but thankfully because of me being young they still live in the same house and cope with each other because of me. i guess i'm just luckier that they didnt make me bounce from one to the other...

just_in_case said...

you know sometimes having divorced parents aren't all that bad i mean i have been dealing with my parents trying to stay together for almost 2 years and i want to kill my self but thankfully i have good friends i think about right before i slit my throut or want to drown in the pool so think on the bright side of life and dont let it get you down. think about if they stayed together if you would be in the same situation as me thankfully i am planning ahead so ta ta and remember all parents are frustrating it just depends on how much you can handle it.

Anonymous said...

my parents are divorced, too. I also have siblings who just loove the drama my mother and father make. so it's up to me to be the one who is nonchalant and aloof, making everyone think nothing is wrong with me. I go through every day as if I'm not traumatized by any of this, and I'm not that much, but it still does hurt. I, too, feel like a ping-pong, for sometimes my parents lie but then they tell the truth. I've given up on the ridiculousness of all the petty stuff, but it still hurts.

I hope we ALL can do the last three options.

Anonymous said...

how old are you?

^-^ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I understand you a lot. Having to live with divorced parents is difficult especially when you don't know who's right and who's wrong. I hope you can be strong and continue coping with the bouncing thing because it's only if we be strong that we can pull through this. Trust me. I know. I have a lot of problems of my own that needs me to be strong or I probably wouldn't be writing this.